InterAct - The online marketing blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I-Com - Part one

Mr. VonĨina and me at the I-com lobby

So, that's it. I am reporting directly from the I-Com conference one day later from what my plans were. It's been a hard day, but somehow me managed to get to sleep at 4 o'clock. And in the mean time there was absolutely an enormous amount of talks, discussions and arguing. Which turned out to be very good (like always)?

If I was to describe the first day of the I-Com I would say that everything has been moving about "Consensus". Although not everybody is sincere about it, I think that one of the greatest thing about our industry is that we're are able to talk and discuss about things that can be very tough to agree upon.

What we have seen also is that there are many different methodologies across the different countries, but when it comes to sum it up, the differences are very small. So there's definitely a chance to get together and set a common set of standards for the online audience measurement. Of course there will always be differences, for there are many different realities, especially in Europe. But this is not necessary a bad thing.

First of all it keep innovation and research going and then it's enabling the different countries to have a response for different need. And by that developing further the market and research.

Tags: , , ,